Since she was four years old, Ruby has had books of rules, seventy-nine and counting, all of which she lives by. Not all of them have been recovered.
#1 Spectrum rule: Keep it zipped
1. You can never be completely sure what will happen next.
2. If you want to keep something a secret, don't leave it lying around.
3. People so often don't see what is right in front of their eyes.
4. If in doubt, say nothing.
5. There is more to learn than you can even know.
6. Never have a friend who would sell you out
7. Never forget the little things - it's the little things that will lead people to notice the big things.
8. Don't let your imagination run away with you or you might well lose the plot.
9. There is always a chance that someone somewhere is watching you.
10. Never reveal your hand to a psychopath.
11. Expect the unexpected and be ready for anything.
12. Adjust your thinking and your chances improve.
13. There is more to most things than meets the eye.
14. Very often people neglect to tell the most important detail.
15. Just because they have a pretty face doesn't mean they are made of candy
16. Even the mundane can tell a story.
17. Always check the evidence before jumping to conclusions.
18. People often miss the downright obvious.
19. Panic will freeze your brain.
20. Ninety percent of survival is about believing you will survive.
21. Don't think back; don't think ahead; just think now.
22. If you think you might talk yourself into a trap, keep your trap shut.
24. Stay alive long enough to figure out your next move.
26. Never kid a kidder.
28. It doesn't matter if it's hard to believe. If there's no other explanation it's gotta be true.
29. Just because a lion says it's a mouse, don't make it a mouse.
32. Tell one lie and get ready to tell a whole lot more.
33. More often than not, there is always a very ordinary explanation for the 'extraordinary' happening.
34. You never know when something is going to come in handy.
36. Always come up with Plan B before you have embarked on Plan A.
40. If you ain't breathing, you ain't surviving.
42. Don't waste your time arguing with someone who won't in a million years change their mind.
43. If you've got the advantage- make sure you keep it.
44. When in a tight spot, buy yourself some time: one minute could change your fate.
45. Never stop challenging small-mindedness.
47. Never lie to someone who is likely to see right through you.
48. Don't get distracted, focus on what you got to focus on.
51. When you don't trust the other players, always play your cards close to your chest.
52. You can miss a lot in the blink of an eye.
53. If something is worth knowing, chances are it's written down somewhere.
62. Sometimes all the answers you are looking for are under your own nose.
65. People believe what they want to believe.
66. Sometimes not thinking about a problem is the best way to find the solution.
71. When in doubt think the obvious.
73. Sometimes you just have to work with what you've got.
79. What to do if you meet a bear- wish you hadn't.
80. Don't stand on a window edge unless you know if it opens inwards or outwards.
81. Sometimes the best way to think about a problem is not to think about it.
We hoped you enjoyed these rules which were all included in each of the 6 books - Look Into My Eyes, Take You Last Breath, Catch Your Death, Feel The Fear, Pick Your poison and Blink And You Die. Please feel free to leave any questions you might have in the comments and if you believe anything is wrong, please discus itin the comments asw ell. If you notice some of the rules skip (like 23 and 30) we know this so no need to put it in the comments as not all of the rules are mentioned in the books ( which are the BEST ). Thank you #lol